|Iteachnet's Links for International Living and Learning
||September 23, 1998
This is your list. Please send us for additions and deletions.
TIPS is up-dated frequently. your ideas for improving its content and layout. Thank you.
TIPS' Vacation House-Swap Service
Trade places with another overseas educator during vacation.
These pages are .
Recent Listings (Click Here for Newest Listings
- The New Teacher Page A resource site for new and aspiring teachers
- Be a Tutor 2000
- Overseas Digest
- IAN'S ESL Page
- SEARCH: A Newsletter For Graduate Students
- Reading an English Language Newspaper (Bangkok Post)
- GREEN GENERATION, a children's environmental information center
- Study Web
- The Ingenuity Project
- Oceans 98, a cooperative program with IOC/UNESCO and the UNEP
- The New England Association of Schools & Colleges, Inc.
- University of Missouri-Columbia College of Education General Resources
- The Global Money Page
- The Library of Congress Learning Page
- Edulink An international School Do-it-all site: http://www.edulink.com
- CyberSchool http://CyberSchool.4j.lane.edu/
- Library of Congress American Treasures http://lcweb.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/trupscale/
- Education World (Sugested by Will Jordan) http://www.education-world.com/
TIES, a new International School Student Webzine, with which Goatzine's International School Student Bulletin Boards is proud to be associated!
- The American School Directory http://www.asd.com
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children http://www.missingkids.org/publications.html
- William Jordan of International School Manila has started a site for international school teachers. Here are two of his links:Teach:http://members.aol.com/abjordan/index/Teach.htm and On ramp: http://members.aol.com/abjordan/index/onramp.htm
- TEFL Professional Network: http://www.tefl.com/
- Global Issues Special Interest Group of the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language: http://www.countryschool.com/GISIG1.htm
- American Universities Admission Programhttp://home1.gte.net/cresta1
- Biology Teaching and Learning http://www.gene.com/ae/
- Art by Math: http://www.ArtByMath.com
- Creativity Cafe http://creativity.net
- PedagoNet http://www.pedagonet.com
- Special Needs Education page
- NickNacks: Telecollaborative Learning Around the World
- Bonus.com the SuperSite for Kids ().
- http://www.puppetools.com Puppet Tools, by Jeffrey L. Peyton
- Work in Mexico! http://www.employnow.com/Mexico.htm
- Southern Association of Independent Schools (U.S.)
- http://www.hampton-dumont.k12.ia.us/web/mac Macintosh Educator's Site by Jeff Greiner, K-12 Tech. Coord. email:
- Http://www.stonesoup.com is the web site for Stone Soup, the literary magazine written and illustrated by young people through age 13.
- Dave's ESL Cafe
- Search Associates
- Acclaim Computers
- Lightning Draw
- Classroom Connect
- Visit TIPS' Teacher's Web, pages of links relevant to many of the departments in international schools. If some are missing and you have a suggestion or can help, in the subject field.
- Overseas Brats, Michael Leonard
- Overseas Alumni Grand Reunion 96
- American Montessori Society
- American Montessori Consulting
- Conductive Education, for people with motor learning difficulties
- Amnesty International
- The Apple Virtual Campus
- Berit's Best Sites for Children
- Timothy McLain at Classroom ConnectPhone: (717) 393-1000.
- SEARCH ASSOCIATES
- ECIS Web Site
- ISS Web Site
- the Multicultural Pavilion Has a section called the Teachers Corner with material for K-12 teachers. Site byPaul Gorski.
- Educational Software Institute
- K-12 Education-St. John's University
- Look for the Electronic Schoolhouse, monthly newsletter for parents, projects all over the globe and across the curriuculum. Impressive.
Franklin Institute's Hot List
- Global School Network
CUSee Me in schools (at GSN)
- GNN Education News
- Internet Projects Registry Archive Services (at GSN)
- IBM UK Education Pages
- Interdepartmental teaching resources
- Josten's Learning Center
- The Kidsweb
- Children's Literature Web Guide
- MidLink Magazine
- Paideia Program
- Harper Collins
- Rigby Home Page
- The Wright Group
- Peterson's Education Center
New World Books, E-mail email@example.com, discounts on "almost any U.S. book in print. World-wide mail-order service"
- Scholastic Books Homepage
- Resolution Business Press, Inc., Publisher of Internet for Parents and Teaching with the Internet, Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org, Karen Strudwick.
Seattle Public Library's List of Links
- Teacher Talk
- Teacher Topics
- NCET (National Council for Educational Technology). (http://www.ncet.org.uk)
- National Education Association (U.S.)
- U.S. Department of Education
- School Net UK
- The Argus Clearinghouse.
- WorldLink Newsletter
- MECC Software
- UPP Bookshop, EFL teaching materials from IsraelUPP's E-mail is: email@example.com
- Internet Service Providers for K-12http://quest.arc.nasa.gov/online/stindex.html: A list of internet access options for K-12 teachers by state.
- Other Access Options: http://quest.arc.nasa.gov/online/options.html (Courtesy of Christine Chiu of Pitsco Technology Education -- July 5, 1996)
Discussion Lists for Educators
List Servers are sites maintained just for E-mail correspondence between people interested in particular topics. There is a list for nearly everything of which you can conceive -- from the sacred to the silly. To begin, you must subscribe to the list; you will be sent an automated reply with the discussion guidelines. This reply will usually also contain addresses needed to un-subscribe or post a message. Save it somewhere noticeable on your desktop. When you go on vacation, you will want to unsubscribe so that your mailbox doesn't explode while you are away. "Netiquette" demands that you "lurk" a while before you add your two cents; some moderators, however, invite an initial self-introduction to the group. KIDSPHERE is one such friendly list. The links provided here will get you started nicely.
- NOTE: (June 20, 1998) EDTECH has changed addresses. The new list address isEDTECH@H-NET.MSU.EDU. All subscription commands should be sent to .
- A list of many listservs
- Pitsco's List of European lists
- Pitsco's List of listservers
Georgia State University's List of Lists
firstname.lastname@example.org the address and just write subscribe Multiage and your name
Pen Pals or Key Pals
- You've Got Mail!
Ten nifty ways your teachers can use e-mail to extend kids' learning http://www.electronic-school.com/0398f5.html
- Classroom Connect Teacher Contact Database http://www.classroom.net/teachercontact/
- Pitsco's Launch to Keypals http://www.keypals.com/p/keypals.html
- Intercultural E-mail Classroom Connections http://www.stolaf.edu/network/iecc
- Rigby Heinemann Global Keypals http://www.reedbooks.com.au/heinemann/global/global1.html
- E-mail Classroom Exchange http://www.iglou.com/xchange
NZ EMail for students, yrs 5 + 6
email@example.com-Listserv for finding penpals(To subscribe or unsubscribe ). Remember to say SUBSCRIBE IECC Your_full_name (Replace our "your full name" with yours!) in body of the message.
- More information about iecc
TEATATUN1@SCHOOLS.MINEDU.GOVT.NZ (penpals in NZ)
On-line Insurance Companies
TIPS' House Swap, Travel and Insurance Page
- Disability Mall Resources for people with disabilities in the U.S.
- Do It, Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking and Technology
- Mencap, for help with learning disabilities (in the U.K.)
- The New York Times
- The Times
- The International Herald Tribune
- The Electronic Telegraph
- USA Today On-line
- San Jose Mercury News
- The Boston Globe
- The Washington Post
- Nando: McClatchy Newspapers, Inc
- Austin Chronicle's Links to other Papers
- San Francisco Examiner - The Electric Examiner
International Cable and Satelite Companies
- Reuters News Service
- Discovery Channel
- ESPN Sports on-line
E-zines and Magazines, which happen to be on-line
- The Economist
- The Mojo Wire, Mother Jones on-line
- Paine News
- Financial Times
- People Magazine
- Electronic Newstand Homepage
- Time World Wide Home Page
TIPS' Vacation House-Swap and Travel Information
Directories and Search Engines
Acceptable Use Policy Statements:
- Internet User Policy
- Californian AUP
- Arkansas Public school Computer Network, Use policy
Self-Censors and filters
- Surfwatch Self-censorship or student censorship program
- Download Surfwatch Version Compatible with Netscape 2.0
- Ventana the Publisher of SurfWatch
- Internet Filter for Windows 95 and Windows 3.1
International Mail Courriers
- Federal Express
- The U.S. Postal Service
Computer-related and internet-related organizations
Electronic Frontier Foundation
opyright International Knowledge Networks Corp.©,1998.